August 17, 2006

momo-i quality ranks at 64 first week of release

A decent number, although not significantly higher than her other releases. Please keep in mind however that Momoi's releases usually stay on the charts for two weeks. Oricon weekly charts are based on sales Monday through Sunday, so the first week has accounted for five days of sales (albums are almost always released Wednesdays for some reason). Next week we will see 7 days of sales data. This is the first time I've ever tracked Oricon data so I have no idea about trends or if the rank tends to go up or down the second week with 7 day sales figures. But we shall see...

Oricon releases ranking data for the previous week to industry clients Mondays, and to the general public on Wednesdays.

Posted by Paranda at August 17, 2006 9:09 PM

Comments

If you haven't gotten momo-i quality yet, just wait. There are surprises inside.

Posted by: cortana at August 18, 2006 2:38 PM

I've got it and there weren't any suprises. What do you mean?

Posted by: Anonymous at August 18, 2006 10:16 PM

cortana: Mine came in a bit earlier last week. Check a few posts back for contents, if they're any different from what you've got.

Anonymous: The surprise would probably be referring to the poster, the Momoi project announcement, or the photobook.

Posted by: Paranda at August 18, 2006 10:34 PM

>Anonymous: Was yours a first press edition copy? I'm guessing it wasn't :(

>Paranda: Just wondering whether or not you knew what Masaya Koike has been up to lately? Or maybe Sweets Tankentai for that matter. Not saying you should report every little event that he's involved with -- just saying it would be nice to have some idea of what's going on in his side of the field, every now and then.

Posted by: pKjd at August 19, 2006 4:28 AM

>pKjd
You can hear Koike on the newest MOSAIC.WAV single!
I think that's his most recent release..
http://koikemasaya.com/ good for info :D

Good luck to Momoi on the oricons!

Posted by: Anonymous at August 19, 2006 10:38 AM

I don't think Sweets Tankentai has released anything new lately, but they are performing live tomorrow at Nihonbashi A-POP LIVE 2006 SUMMER, which might be getting a DVD release or at least a TV special. I'll definitely post it if I can get it.

And I do often forget to check on Koike because he doesn't update regularly at all. But I just subscribed to his mailing list so I'll be better informed.

Posted by: Paranda at August 19, 2006 9:03 PM

« I am now a Yui Sakakibara fan. | Main | MOSAIC.WAV's first major label single »