November 28, 2006

Completed Komugi figures

ge_komugi.jpgFormer readers of mugimugi.com (not linked because it has since been stolen by squatters) probably know Komugi has inspired many beautiful and high quality figures. Unfortunately, they were usually far beyond the reach of the average fan, as they were either garage kits or ultrarare 8-in-the-world WonderFes exclusives. As a Momoi fan, it's almost shameful to admit that the only Komugi figures I own are gashapons and a 1/8th sukumizu figure that Yuujin included with one of the special edition DVDs.

Finally, a company has released the first set of mass produced Komugi figures (that I know of) to be purchased individually. The only downside: that company is Griffon Enterprises, yes the same guys who made that spreadeagled naked Mii-tan figure. So of course, instead of Magical Nurse Witch Komugi and Magical Maid Koyori we get Nude Witch Komugi and Hadake Apron Koyori instead. :(

Guess these won't be things you can proudly display on your shelf when you have young siblings at home.

Due to those reasons as well as the hefty price tag, I can't say for sure I will order this, but I am happy that at least someone has at last decided to try selling completed Komugi figures. Here's hoping the trend continues...more Komugi figures please!

Posted by Paranda at November 28, 2006 12:28 PM

Comments

oh em gee... is it really over 108 dollars? @-@ Nyaa * faint * I still want it >-.> But... I would rather have the costume than a lil dolly... however adorable the dolly is ;-;

Posted by: Toki at November 28, 2006 10:54 PM

And I am cosplaying as Komugi by the way :3

Posted by: Toki at November 28, 2006 10:56 PM

There was a mass produced one where she had a big syringe I always wanted, but I kept putting it off and it's rare now :(

While looking I found this suspiciously good deal on a couple of the dvd figs:

Posted by: mandichan at November 30, 2006 3:08 AM

ps: I remember the komugi ribbon figure lol, I was like "ug" when I first saw it, haha, then I saw it in the 4th episode and cracked up (er, I think it was the fourth.. been a while since I've seen it.)

Posted by: mandichan at November 30, 2006 3:10 AM

I think I read somewhere that those Yuujin ones were also packaged together with some special edition DVD preorders. I think some stores just stripped them off and sold them separately.

Now I'm not so sure. I got mine from some really shady looking Geocities-esque website that I don't think exists anymore.

Posted by: Paranda at November 30, 2006 9:48 AM