July 26, 2008
Yells ~It's a beautiful life~
The new Animelo theme song has come out this week. Since a version has begun floating around online I couldn't resist but preview it while I wait for my copy. The song is rather simple but I derived great enjoyment at the constant switching up of singers, which occurs much more frequently than the previous three Animelo theme songs. Aside from a slightly annoying pronunciation of "Yell", the song has quickly grown on me after multiple listening sessions, and I currently rank it somewhere above Generation A and below Outride.
This year, Momoi got to have three solo lines, slightly up from last year, and more noticeable thanks to more balanced artist rotation (though some still got more coverage than others). Meanwhile, Mizuki Nana, Arika, and most of JAM Project except Makkun got major cuts in their line count, possibly in favor of promoting some newer acts and also because of how many verses they had in previous years.
Unfortunately despite her increased role, Momoi does not appear much in the accompanying video since she was not present during the taping of the group session. The only Momoi footage was of her individual recording session, which is played during her solo segments. This is a shame because she appears in the video very sharply dressed and in perfect makeup, giving off an incredibly radiant smile that would have been sure to draw some attention from anyone getting their first exposure to Momoi in this video. One thing that Momoi is really good at is smiling. Also as consistent with last year's DVD reveal when responding to a comment by Yoffy, Momoi always records sitting down so it was interesting to see her posture again in contrast to other artists who did their singing while standing up.
Thoughts on other artists:
1. Best delivery goes to Suara, for her version of "立ち止まらずに歩こう" compared to everyone else who sang the same line.
2. Tanimiya looks WAYYYY different from what I expected him to look since he is usually so clean cut in cast pictures.
3. I almost didn't recognize Ishikawa Chiaki despite seeing her in person at AX last year, and almost missed it since she only got one solo line like Arika. She looks like she reverse aged 20 years.
4. Kitadani is awesome as usual and likes to acknowledge the camera. Yoffy still does his handwaving. I miss seeing Naonii do his neck twisty thing whenever he sings though...this was not the year he should have sat out now that I'm finally going to see it dammit!
5. I have no clue who the hell May'n is, why is she part of Animelo again? I guess I am ok with her though, based on the video.
6. It is going to be fun seeing how they are going to split this up between like 40 people on stage for each day. I also seriously cannot picture denpa singers like Shaori or MI~KO doing anything this poppy at all. My mind will be blown.
Posted by Paranda at July 26, 2008 1:53 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
May'n sings in Macross Frontier (she's the singing voice for Sheryl Nome), so that's probably why she's in Animelo. She's also done the ending for Love Get Chu, but it's probably for Macross.
(take with the usual wiki grain of salt).
Posted by: tenton at July 26, 2008 2:53 PM
I haven't been keeping up with Animelo, orz. I'll have to go check this one out. I can't wait to hear MI~KO doing something poppy (:
Buhhh, I really like Arika. I am bummed to hear that her lines were cut down. ):
Posted by: AnimeKittyCafe at July 27, 2008 5:05 PM