January 20, 2009

DMC sadness

As I have learned over the weekend when looking for DMC tickets, Yukarin's concerts appear to employ a remarkably fair ticket system to prevent resellers from picking off good arena level seats and auctioning them. The entire front arena section is apparently determined by random drawing for those who buy specific fan club lottery tickets, with final seats revealed about 10-14 days before the show dates and then mailed to you. When browsing through the general public tickets, I have only seen listings for second and third floors. While I could opt to participate in a fanclub drawing through a proxy, it would be cutting it pretty close with a number of things potentially going badly. In the end I feel this element of uncertainty makes the trip not worth it. I'll probably just save the money for Animelo 2009 and aim for Yukari in 2010 if she does something major again with a more transparent ticketing process like Budokan.

I will have to be making trips in March and May to see Momoi anyway, so this gives me some breathing room. Note: there have been pretty big price drops for tickets to Hawaii for that exact weekend March 12 - March 16 so if you are still thinking about it, take a look at some airlines - the prices are cheaper than you may think.

Posted by Paranda at January 20, 2009 9:10 AM

Comments

Don't tempt me!!

Posted by: omo at January 20, 2009 11:07 AM

Hmm well if succumb to that temptation, let me know. There are lots of plans :)

Posted by: paranda at January 20, 2009 5:22 PM

何!? What!?

Well, I like the fair ticket distribution and suppression of scalping, but we (the foreigners) already start out from an unfair position, so the "free market" works better for us. Through AquaPlus Festa/Live 2009, I learned that you can pretty much guarantee a good seat if you're willing to throw money at the problem and have someone in japan to do the bidding for you. Actually, even having someone in Japan part can be solved by throwing MORE money at the problem.

Hmm, maybe I should see if I can tag along for Yukarin 2010. After all, she won't be 17, urr 14, forever.... Or rather, I won't be... umm, not TOO old for very long.

Posted by: catsspat at January 21, 2009 10:45 PM

When did the Animelo 2008 tickets start being offered? I'm not sure I understand the situation perfectly but I think some advance tickets are already being offered for this summer's event (which I am somewhat considering, plus it's on my birthday!!!)

Posted by: 電波の世界 at January 25, 2009 2:26 PM

This year they had some deal where if you bought a limited edition of Penguin Musume vol. 1 or some other DVD they gave you a guaranteed ticket voucher.

Animelo 2008 general tickets went on sale June 21st last year. For 8/31, we obtained tickets from a Momoist, but in order to get front row seats on 8/30 I had to rely on a scalper - market price was roughly 25600 yen per ticket in mid July.

Posted by: paranda at January 25, 2009 9:55 PM